Local Attractions & Activities all within 20 mins of Nelson City.
Activities we can book and recommend:
The Nelson National Car Museum is well worth a visit: relive your memories of your grandad’s car, your first car and your dream car! 150 immaculate cars from more than 100 years of motoring.
Nelson is home to 25 Cellar Doors and 14 Craft Breweries. So many choices but we can help plan your day or book a guided tour.
The largest fenced sanctuary in the South Island, creating 690 hectares of safety from introduced predators so our native species’ can again flourish. A community-led project, the Sanctuary provides many opportunities to reconnect with nature and observe/support conservation in action.
Tahunanui Beach is home to large number of kitesurfers, with a North-facing beach, protected bay and afternoon sea breeze, making for ideal conditions. We can offer advice or book for any skill level.
Take the time to walk through a historical village of character buildings set in beautiful well-established gardens. Explore displays of Nelson’s heritage, learn the stories of our local people and meet the working artisans. Playground, displays, crafts, vintage transport, cafe, railway station and train rides.
Natureland has a mix of exotic, domestic and native animals. A fun family friendly outing for everyone to enjoy, within easy walk of Tahuna Beach Holiday Park.
Pro Karts is exhilarating with an outdoor race circuit, with the newest addition of the Pro Combat Laser Tag. within easy walk of Tahuna Beach Holiday Park.
- Hydroslide & Bumper boats
- Mega Slide
- Modelers Pond & Miniature Train
- Pro Karts/Laser Tag
- Harbour Cruises BOOK WITH US
- Kitesurfing BOOK WITH US
- Nelson Golf Links
- Stand-up Paddleboarding BOOK WITH US
- Suter Art Gallery
- Nelson Provincial Museum
- Tenpin Bowling
- Cable Bay Adventure Park: quad biking, skywire, eel farm, horse trekking, paintball, 4WD and Argo tours. BOOK WITH US
- Paragliding BOOK WITH US
- Vertical Limits Climbing Wall
- State Cinema
- Roller Skating Rink
- Swimming Pools: Richmond Aquatic, Nayland, Riverside
- Swimming Holes: Maitai, Lee and Aniseed Valleys
- Nelson Christ Church Cathedral
- Pigeon Valley Steam Museum
- Haulashore Island
- Hoglund Glass
- Queens Gardens
- BMX Track
- Miyazu Japanese Garden
- Walk/Viewing Points/Centre of NZ
- Mountain Biking
- Great Taste Trail cycling BOOK YOUR BIKE HIRE WITH US